AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Universal App Install - Impressions dropped

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm running universal app install campaigns in different markets to promote a free app. Two days ago I've seen impressions dropping significantly in one of them - since the reporting don't offer much info, I don't understand what's happening. I tried to increase CPA and even budget a bit but couldn't reverse the trend. CR is still good but I would need more volume to scale according to plan. Anyone has a clue what's happening? 

Best, 

Ale

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alessandro I,

Impressions may experience hikes or depressions for various reasons. When they are geographically specific, they may often be caused by slowly vanishing or emerging competitors. Trendy developments in daily news may also divert users' attention in a direction unfavorable for you. E.g. latest pieces of news about the Trump transition could well divert the attention of the general public in the US.

Since you did not disclose your markets involved or your specific niche, we cannot go into details.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lakatos,

Thanks for your reply. The app I'm promoting is a mobile marketplace using video only to sell and buy products and the market that saw a drop in impressions was UK. Since Google provides so little info regarding UAI it's hard to understand what's going on. 

Network used is mainly Youtube - do you think feedback and comments on the ad vid might impact number of impressions for example? 

Best, 

Ale