AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Universal App Campaign Reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I see my Universal App Campaigns (UACs) in my reports? When I try to add Campaigns to a report 'row' none of my UACs show up. I would like to use the report & schedule feature to get updates on all of my campaigns at once.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Universal App Campaign Reporting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Cereal, how are things?

I'm not sure about this, but I've seen a lot of users not being able to run few reports for apps campaigns, so I'd assume that not every report is yet available.

One thing you can try is to link your Adwords with your Developer account and see if Adwords send statistics there:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6068602

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Unfortunately Universal App Campaign data is not available in the Report Editor at this time. For now, I would recommend generating reports through the "reports" button (the little downpointing error) for these campaigns.

Hope this helps,
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

I'm having a similar problem to Cereal. I can see the data for impressions/clicks in AdWords, but when I click the little download icon as you suggest, it doesn't download any of the data. It does download an empty spreadsheet replete with 0's and -- marks. I think it's not recognizing my Universal App Campaign, but I'm not sure.

Is there any reason AdWords would be displaying the data in the web view, but fail to put it in the downloadable spread sheet?

Cheers,

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Victoria,

Which format are you trying to download the report in? I've tried downloading a repot from my example account in .pdf, from the main Campaigns tab, and it downloaded the data for me.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

I'm lost. Could you please give me more details re:

"For now, I would recommend generating reports through the "reports" button (the little downpointing error) for these campaigns."

Where's that "little downpointing error", exactly?

Thanks!

Etienne

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

2 years later...

The custom reports for UAC are still unavailable. The year is 2017 and despite all of mankind's apparent progress, AdWords still can't report on something as incredibly basic as a specific campaign type (but they still want you to use UAC and constantly increase account spend, there's no decency left in this world).

Because the lack in reporting capability is inexcusable, I'll bring it up at Google's next workshop for agencies (had one for UAC a month ago), should be a pretty tough question.

It's because we let this things go that we never get the features we need. Insisting on us using UAC even if reporting is nor available is ridiculous. And don't even get me started on the new AdWords Editor being unable to download certain accounts, my team had to download an older version of Editor and re-download all our accounts. Good, responsible developers seem as rare as unicorns.

I'll be posting updates on this each 2 years, maybe in 2050 we'll be able to report on UACs, lol.

Cheers, James.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How is it possible that I can still not include the UA Campaign into my reports? That´s just so hard to believe - especially since it´s the only way to run App Install Campaigns on AdWords...

So, I tried the "workaround". However, in my UA Campaign there is no "little downpointing error" - I can see it for all my other accounts but for this campaign, it disappeared. 

Any other workaround suggestions?