AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

UK Google Forwarding number is a premium number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I recently created an ad with a google forwarding number so I can check call conversions.

The number I used to create the google number is a local number, but the ad displays an 0845 number for which additional costs apply should someone call this ad. 

Is there anyway to choose what type of number is used? I was under the impression that if the number inputted was a local number (020) then the forwarding number supplied by Google would follow suite.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: UK Google Forwarding number is a premium number

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm... Interesting.... the number should be a toll free number or a local number;

Let me ping one of our UK based  Top Contributors;

@Jon_Gritton?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I actually called the number displayed and it seems to be one of our old 0845 numbers, as it's my voice explaining that this number is no longer in use.

Where could Adwords be getting this old number from? I don't see it apart from marked as removed in the Campaign ad extensions

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ohhh... So this is indifferent issue;
Is your AdWords account linked to Google my Business?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Steve C

Perhaps there is another instance of the extension on the account or adgroup level?  

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV

I'm not sure. I'll be honest I'm picking up this account without any Adwords experience (I'm a business analyst)

It could be and I can find out, but I've made sure the Extension has been added at Campaign and Ad Group Level. It's the only one, as I created a new Campaign to test.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David K

Hi David, not that's active anymore. We stopped using the 0845 extension when the price to call them increased las;t November.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David K @MosheTLV

Sorry, it *seems* to be working. When I preview the Ad in the Tools the number displaying is now an 020 number. It's not one that been removed so I'm assuming it's a generated forwarder.

Do the numbers take some time to kick in on the ads perhaps?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Steve,

This does seem like a tricky issue. From my understanding, the tracking number will be different each time a search query is generated. Does this answer your question?

I do not think the number take time to kick in, they should generate immediately.

Cheers!

Stefano Apostolakos

UK Google Forwarding number is a premium number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In some cases, a local Google forwarding number may not be available. When this happens, your ad will show a toll-free Google forwarding number instead.