AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking of iOS App install - doesn't track

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have implemented conversion tracking following this guide: https://developers.google.com/app-conversion-tracking/ios/

It seems to work fine with my developer iOS device, i.e. the device directly connected with XCode. However, now I am testing the implementation with TestFlight and none of the beta tester installs seem to be tracked.

When I run the app I call these functions:

ACTAutomatedUsageTracker.disableAutomatedUsageReportingWithConversionID
ACTConversionReporter.reportWithConversionIDLabelValueIsRepeatable( , , 0.00, false)

When I run the app as it is installed from TestFlight, I get this text in the iOS device console:

Sep 23 09:55:21 iPad3-A5X EarMobile[906] <Warning>: <Google> ACTConversionIDReporter: already sent successful ping.
Sep 23 09:55:22 iPad3-A5X backboardd[163] <Warning>: |GAXGeneral|warning| The pid sent from loaded client:(com.earmaster.earios: PID:906) does not match the pid we are managing: (896). This is expected if the app crashed.
Sep 23 09:55:22 iPad3-A5X backboardd[163] <Warning>: |GAXGeneral|warning| The GAXClientLoaded flag was already set. Something is out of sync. AXApp<0x17d9b430>: PID:906 BundleID:com.earmaster.earios Primary:1 FullScrModal:0. GAX Client loaded: 1
Sep 23 09:55:23 iPad3-A5X backboardd[163] <Warning>: |GAXGeneral|info| Updating session app bundle ID to com.earmaster.earios.
Sep 23 09:55:23 iPad3-A5X backboardd[163] <Warning>: |GAXGeneral|info| Did verify event: [Substantial Transition did occur]. Outcome: [Success - Session App is Frontmost].

The first line is normal, as the app has been run before, so the app install has already been reported. However, the other lines only happens on a TestFlight installation, but not on my developer device.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking of iOS App install - doesn't track

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Hans,

Do you still need help with this?

Cassie

Re: Tracking of iOS App install - doesn't track

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

Yes, I still need help. We are currently beta testing our app with the conversion tracking added, and will soon release it.
I am not sure what the consequences and the reason for the error messages are?
1) Does the error mean that the tracking does not work properly on that device?
2) Can I do something to avoid the error message?

Hans