AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking of iOS App install - doesn't track

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have implemented conversion tracking following this guide: https://developers.google.com/app-conversion-tracking/ios/

It seems to work fine with my developer iOS device, i.e. the device directly connected with XCode. However, now I am testing the implementation with TestFlight and none of the beta tester installs seem to be tracked.

When I run the app I call these functions:

ACTAutomatedUsageTracker.disableAutomatedUsageReportingWithConversionID
ACTConversionReporter.reportWithConversionIDLabelValueIsRepeatable( , , 0.00, false)

When I run the app as it is installed from TestFlight, I get this text in the iOS device console:

Sep 23 09:55:21 iPad3-A5X EarMobile[906] <Warning>: <Google> ACTConversionIDReporter: already sent successful ping.
Sep 23 09:55:22 iPad3-A5X backboardd[163] <Warning>: |GAXGeneral|warning| The pid sent from loaded client:(com.earmaster.earios: PID:906) does not match the pid we are managing: (896). This is expected if the app crashed.
Sep 23 09:55:22 iPad3-A5X backboardd[163] <Warning>: |GAXGeneral|warning| The GAXClientLoaded flag was already set. Something is out of sync. AXApp<0x17d9b430>: PID:906 BundleID:com.earmaster.earios Primary:1 FullScrModal:0. GAX Client loaded: 1
Sep 23 09:55:23 iPad3-A5X backboardd[163] <Warning>: |GAXGeneral|info| Updating session app bundle ID to com.earmaster.earios.
Sep 23 09:55:23 iPad3-A5X backboardd[163] <Warning>: |GAXGeneral|info| Did verify event: [Substantial Transition did occur]. Outcome: [Success - Session App is Frontmost].

The first line is normal, as the app has been run before, so the app install has already been reported. However, the other lines only happens on a TestFlight installation, but not on my developer device.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking of iOS App install - doesn't track

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Hans,

Do you still need help with this?

Cassie

Re: Tracking of iOS App install - doesn't track

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

Yes, I still need help. We are currently beta testing our app with the conversion tracking added, and will soon release it.
I am not sure what the consequences and the reason for the error messages are?
1) Does the error mean that the tracking does not work properly on that device?
2) Can I do something to avoid the error message?

Hans