AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking installs (conversions) for iOS from an AdWords search campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Does anyone know if using Firebase analytics solves the issue of not been able to track installs of iOS apps via a Search campaign?

I've hunted online for an answer but cannot get anything definitive.

Essentially I want to run a mobile app install campaign on Search for iOS, but conversions won't be tracked from what I can see.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Desiree

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In theory, yes, Firebase tracks those.

But I've installed it and I'm not sure the data is reliable. I'm getting very few conversions (1/10th those of Android). Can't figure out why.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Desiree, As for as my knowledge, Firebase still doesn't support tracking installs for iOS Search Campaigns.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.

We've launched for about a month, using Firebase, and only registered 2 conversions on YouTube's iOS. Search still remains at zero.

Anyone else had any different experiences?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Desiree R,

Currently Google Adwords does not support for iOS install Search campaign, this mean that you can not /setup or run campaign install on Search with iOS. This is confirmed.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dai N,

You say this is confirmed. Could you please provide the source?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Etienne J,

Based on my last Install App Campaign (December, 2016) I worked directly with Google Team at Singapore with big project and they confirmed up to current we can not set up Install campaigns with GSN.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I have the same issue for a universal campaign. Based on this page, it do-able ... 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6366292?hl=en

But it's not working for me. Anyone succeed?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

So it is possible to set up App Install Campaigns for iOS with GSN but you wont be able to report the Installs/In-App Events back to Adwords. It is currently only possible if you use a third party install tracker.

Firebase will track conversions for Youtube, In-App Install Campaigns and UAC too but not for iOS Search or iOS mGDN.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're successfully tracking iOS app installs from search campaigns, in our system, using the template URL set on the campaign.  When the user clicks on the ad, their browser first makes a request to our server via the template URL, we record the GCLID, their IP address, device type, and OS.  Then when the user installs the app, we attempt to match the install to a previously recorded click.

3rd party tools like Kochava should also be able to do this for you.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6305348?hl=en&ref_topic=6031980

We're now trying to upload installs and purchases as conversion to Adwords using Offline conversion uploads, where we upload a CSV file with columns: GCLID, ConversionName and ConversionTime

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en&authuser=0