AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking browser version for mobile and tablets

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a report in Adwords display which shows operating system version for mobile and tablets (ex Android4.0 vs Android 4.1 vs iOs3 etc)?

Is there a variable i can use in my tracking URL to pass browser version to my website tracking software?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking browser version for mobile and tablets

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Erik K,

There doesn't appear to be that option in AdWords reporting, but you can get that data in Analytics if you're using it.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to at least see breakdown by iOS vs Android vs Desktop for CPC and conversions?

Also, if i use this parameter, will it tell me if the click was from iPhone 4, 5, etc?

{devicemodel} What model of phone or tablet the click came from (for example, "Apple+iPhone")

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Eric K,

According to the documentation (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447#params) you won't get a version:

{devicemodel} What model of phone or tablet the click came from (for example, "Apple+iPhone")

You can use {device}, "What device the click came from: "m" for mobile (including WAP), "t" for tablet, and "c" for computer" to track this, but you'll need to build your own backend to capture and analyze the data.

You can Segment the campaign data by device, but that won't tell you the {devicemodel} data, just desktop, mobile or tablet.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Tracking browser version for mobile and tablets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

THANKS SIR JI