AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Re: App install optimization tips

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the wonderful tips.

I just wondering, does google app installation ads also allow to run ads on a deep link instead of google play store link?
I found something similar in Facebook but not in Google. Can we do that in Google app installation ads as well.

For example suppose we are running an offer for new app install and offer is listed on a particular page of the app. How can we redirect user at that page.

Hope I am clear with my question.

Thanks
Amit
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
March 2016

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Amit,

App Install campaigns need to link to the Google Play page. There is a campaign type with which you can do deep linking into a page in your app (App Engagement campaigns), but that campaign type is specifically for targeting people who have already downloaded your app.

Hope this helps,
Cassie

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Amit,

Yes, there is a option in Google too. You can start deep linking campaigns. Below is the link for further detail.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6046977?hl=en

Robin
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
March 2016

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Amit,

App Install campaigns need to link to the Google Play page. There is a campaign type with which you can do deep linking into a page in your app (App Engagement campaigns), but that campaign type is specifically for targeting people who have already downloaded your app.

Hope this helps,
Cassie