AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

QAing Google Forwarding Phone Numbers/Track Calling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been attempting to implement Googles phone call forwarding into my website with this webpage as a means of assistance: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095883. I have followed the directions as stated on the page but now I would like to QA this, to see if it is working. I read down at the bottom of the page that I would need to click on an ad but this brings up a question, that I have not found an answer to. Does this mean if I were to hit my website via means of typing in the URL (instead of clicking on an ad), google would not change the number on the page to a forwarding number? As in, is the only way google will apply their forwarding number is if the person that hit the page came from an advertisement? Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

QAing Google Forwarding Phone Numbers/Track Calling

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

That is correct. Whereas paid, third-party call tracking services track all calls, Google Call Forwarding only works for people who click on AdWords ads. For AdWords visitors the phone number physically changes on the page, and the if it has a tel: link that number changes as well. For any other visitors, nothing changes.