AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Problems with "Display Network only - Mobile app installs" campaign in Adwords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, dear community members!

Recently, I've needed to clone some of my display campaignes across my acounts. What I did: downloaded data to Adwords Editor (latest vertion), copied (ctrl c - ctrl v) some "Display Network only - Mobile app installs" campaigns, made some changes in ads and then uploaded added campaignes to the account. Now settings of my news campaigns look like on the screenshot below. 

ss1.png

As you can see app name is missing in the new campaigns. Seems like Adwords Editor has cutted it. What is the solution and can I now add apk name? Web interface has no option to change these settings.

Thank you in advance,

Sergey

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sergey K
August 2016

Re: Problems with "Display Network only - Mobile app installs" campaign in Adwords Editor

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
For certain complicated technical reasons, Editor is unable to set mobile app on the campaigns it creates, and the online interface is unable to fix it after the campaign is created (you can only set it when you create a new campaign directly in the interface).

However, the lack of this setting doesn't really hurt anything. It is used for one thing only: when you create a new app install (or similar) ad in the online interface, the app in the ad is initially pre-set to be the same as the one configured for the campaign. When the campaign setting is missing, all that happens is that you need to manually set up the app the first time you create an ad in the interface (after this one time, the interface will remember the app you last used, I think).

Editor doesn't use that setting for anything at all (in fact, we can't even read it off the campaigns that do have it, for the same technical reasons).

Since the issue is essentially cosmetic, it's not high on anyone's priority list to fix, quite frankly.

Re: Problems with "Display Network only - Mobile app installs" campaign in Adwords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you four your reply. I was afraid it would affect convertion statistics. Nice to hear it's just cosmetic. Thanks again.