AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Phone Calls From AdWords for different but related businesses

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since starting with AdWords, we have received multiple phone calls looking for other businesses. They are related businesses, but the potential customer is often looking for another establishment like ours, but in a very different region. Not one AdWords phone call has been someone actually looking to contact our business. How can we fix this issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Phone Calls From AdWords for different but related businesses

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello  @Amanda K

Well.... at first I was thinking that the issue could be with the keywords or  the ad-copy, but re-reading the question, I'm curious if the Geo targeting is set correctly. You are saying that: "....they are related businesses, but the potential customer is often looking for another establishment like ours, but in a very different region. 

This means that the potential user is outside your region.

I recommend to check the geographic targeting of your campaign.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

I definitely agree with Moshe. If people are calling your business showing interest in your products/services the advertising is working - You just need to continue to optimize your campaign settings to ensure that you are only reaching your target market.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We checked our geographic targeting and it is set to only a 40 mile radius. Just the other evening we had someone call us looking for the Courtyard by Marriott in Bristol, TN...180 miles away. I took the opportunity and asked the gentleman how he came to call us. He explained that he was using google on his phone, searched for the Courtyard by Marriott in Bristol and selected "call" for the result. The other calls were for other similar businesses that are hours away from us. With our geographic targeting set to only a 40 mile radius, I'm not sure what to do to fix this issue. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My apologies for signing in and replying under my personal account. Amanda and I (James K) both own and operate Double Oaks.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@James K;

Your targeting is probably set  for users in my area or user  looking about  service in my area... if you would like only users within the 40 miles to call set the targeting to "users who are physically within the targeted area"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’