AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

My mobile Ad is not showing the Google Forwarding number?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a call extension with a free phone number for America (North & USA) 1 866-XXX-XXXX

- We also take arrangement with our phone provider that this number will also work locally (Montreal-Canada - (514 Area Code)

I also set up the “Local Google Forwarding

— All that on mobile only, for now — Question 1—>  Not sure if pertinent on Desktop/Tablet ?

When I use the Ad Preview Tools

I see the 866-XXX-XXXX number even if I choose a location out of the local zone (e.g. Quebec city (418 Area Code)

Question 2—> “Local Google Forwarding” should show a 418-XXX-XXX number , no?

Question 3—> The AD show (866)-XXX-XXXX  but No One (1) in the front  like (1 866-XXX-XXXX)  but this number work ONLY if you call exactly  1 866-XXX-XXXX not  866-XXX-XXXX, is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I'm having a hard time understanding Q1... 

Q2: No, at least as far as the preview tool is concerned. The tool has only recently begun showing any call extension forwarding numbers at all. That doesn't necessarily mean that the end user in that location will see the same thing when conducting a live search. I wouldn't completely "trust" the preview tool.

Q3: Yes. That's how call forwarding numbers are displayed. When it comes to click to call clicks no actual number is displayed, only a call button. The phone will automatically dial the correct format.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I'm having a hard time understanding Q1... 

Q2: No, at least as far as the preview tool is concerned. The tool has only recently begun showing any call extension forwarding numbers at all. That doesn't necessarily mean that the end user in that location will see the same thing when conducting a live search. I wouldn't completely "trust" the preview tool.

Q3: Yes. That's how call forwarding numbers are displayed. When it comes to click to call clicks no actual number is displayed, only a call button. The phone will automatically dial the correct format.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the clarity of your answers - Cool

Question 1 was, What will be the point to using a Call extension on Desktop or Tablet ?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

To get your phone number to show for ads on those devices. If you do use call tracking, you may find that you receive just as many manually dialed calls as click to call calls from mobile devices.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

“To get your phone number to show for ads on those devices. If you do use call tracking, you may find that you receive just as many manually dialed calls as click to call calls from mobile devices.’

Make Complete Sense, in fact, it’s the contrary of what I was thinking, I see no reason to not used it. (if you use call tracking)

I guess it count as a click because you pass by the Google Forwarding number?

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

"I guess it count as a click because you pass by the Google Forwarding number?"

Nope. Manually dialed calls are completely free. If a user doesn't actually click on the ad, then you don't pay any CPC costs for a manually dialed call.

Whether you use call tracking (call forwarding numbers) or not, if phone calls have value to you, then always include call extensions. You won't be able to track where the calls are coming from without call tracking, but it's always a good idea to give your customers as many options to contact you as possible.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks - Great Support!