AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple forwarding numbers for one call extension?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I recently changed the call extensions on a few campaigns, and one of the campaigns is acting strangely.

It's showing the correct call extension (just 1), but then under "phone numbers" it's also showing the old number, and a number which I added about an hour ago, but then removed because it was the wrong one.

None of the other 3 campaigns I've edited are having this problem.

Any insight about what's happening here is much appreciated. Thanks in ad

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi

Have you edited the old number or added a new number?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, I added a new one for this campaign.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Then you would have 2 numbers.... Try overriding the old number using "edit"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April

Re: Multiple forwarding numbers for one call extension?

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Under phone number you will see all the numbers that had been added to the campaign during the set date range. So if you have made all these changes today, you will see all three numbers, even though only one is actually active. Under campaign call extensions you will see which number you are actually using.

Images aren't working in any of these forums for some reason... The top of the screen under phone number is where the data reports. The bottom of the screen under campaign call extensions is where you edit the extensions. As long as the correct number is the only number showing in the edit pane, then you're good to go.

Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Perfect, the correct number is the only one showing in the edit pane. Thanks so much for your help!