AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile extensions best practices

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

there are many extension for ads. Unfortunately AdWords choose only some. I create callout extension, but in ad preview tool I see that my Callouts extension and Call extension didn't show.

Is it better to set some extension for desktop only and have always call extension turn on for mobile? Or should I have all extension as I can have and  and be reconciled to the fact that sometimes I can't see it?

What you prefer?

Many thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Thomas,

Adding an extension does not mean that it will always be attached each time your ad shows. There are times that a different extension will show over another because Google has determined that that specific extension has a higher click thorough rate. However, the extensions will continue to rotate and your call extension will show.

For mobile - I would suggest creating a Call Only campaign with Call only ads in them. This way your number is in the ad all the time and potential clients can immediately call you. Also, for this campaign, you do not need any extensions as call only ads do not show them.

I hope this helps,

Jillian

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Check this article, why your extensions might not be shown (particularly, newly created)

Look at the section of "call extensions"

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi Thomas,

include all extensions and let google choose which one is most appropriate in the auctions. 

regards

Zaby