AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Taxt Ad or Call only Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone Here,

I have a question that If I am running Campaign for search network only and make a one ad groups with 4 different ads including one call only ad. So what is the best practice for me to make call only ad in one ad group with other text ads or make a separate campaign for mobile.

Best Regards

Kashef Sheikh 

Mobile Taxt Ad or Call only Ads

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Be very careful with call only ads. They do not allow users to click through to the website, and the ads themselves do not indicate that a click anywhere on the ad will always result in the users phone initiating a phone call. If they wanted to visit the site and not immediately make a phone call, they may bounce back to the SERP's, and click on a competitors ad.

Call extensions are a much "safer" way to go about trying to generate more phone calls, as the users see the call button icon, and know that a click on that icon will initiate a phone call - While a click on the ad headline will still result in a click through to the site. If you use call tracking in both the ads, and on site, then you will still know when AdWords generated a call, while still giving users a choice.

Tom