AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Taxt Ad or Call only Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone Here,

I have a question that If I am running Campaign for search network only and make a one ad groups with 4 different ads including one call only ad. So what is the best practice for me to make call only ad in one ad group with other text ads or make a separate campaign for mobile.

Best Regards

Kashef Sheikh 

Mobile Taxt Ad or Call only Ads

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Be very careful with call only ads. They do not allow users to click through to the website, and the ads themselves do not indicate that a click anywhere on the ad will always result in the users phone initiating a phone call. If they wanted to visit the site and not immediately make a phone call, they may bounce back to the SERP's, and click on a competitors ad.

Call extensions are a much "safer" way to go about trying to generate more phone calls, as the users see the call button icon, and know that a click on that icon will initiate a phone call - While a click on the ad headline will still result in a click through to the site. If you use call tracking in both the ads, and on site, then you will still know when AdWords generated a call, while still giving users a choice.

Tom