AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile App Installs - Tracking conversions without IDFA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,

I currently promoting an Android App using the "Display network only" with Campaign Type = "Install your mobile app" and Bid Strategy = "Focus on installs (Conversion Optimizer)"

My tracking partner is AppsFlyer which send me Postback for every new installs that occur which I can see in my internal system.

The problem is that Adwords doesn’t sees those conversions and thus can't optimize the campaign properly.

What should I do in order to have Adwords also count those installs as conversions?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile App Installs - Tracking conversions without IDFA

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Erez,

If it is only an Android app that you wish to track you can do this in AdWords by simply linking the Google Play account to you AdWords account. This will then allow you to track all downloads of the app.

Note that this will not track first opens or any other in-app conversion points but simply Play store downloads.

Let me know if this is a viable option for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton,
Thanks for your quick reply!
What i didn't mention in my post is that i am not the direct owner of the App but a marketer/Affiliate
who help them derive more installs, so there is no way i can connect Google Play account to you AdWords account.
Do you have other ideas ?

Thanks very much for your help!

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi erez,

You should still be able to track conversions if you have the link to the app in the play store. Check out this page under "Instructions for Tracking App Installs (from Google Play)": https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6255257?hl=en

Let me know if this works,
Cassie