AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Manually Dialed Calls on Google Forwarding Number

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Members,

Just came across a case where I'm getting Manually Dialed Calls Duration mapped to some campaign. Can somebody please explain me how this is happening?

Thanks,

Anurag

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Manually Dialed Calls on Google Forwarding Number

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anurag,

Manually dialed with GFN is the case when the number is shown to that device which is not able to make calls(desktops) and then dialed manually by the user.
Google replaces the original number with GFN from the landing page on desktops and if user dials that GFN from the webpage manually, it will be a manually dialed call type and the details can be seen by accessing the dimensions tab under call details.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Manually Dialed Calls on Google Forwarding Number

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Archit, but my question here is if I searched for a keyword and in ad-copy someone is using GFN as call extension, and I have dialed the number directly without clicking on ad, so in that case how Google is mapping campaign name against that call.