AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Limiting UAC campaign to iPhone only (for a universal app)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - sorry if there's a better way to approach this - 1st time poster, I tried searching as best I could for this info, but couldn't find it.

We have an app that is available on iOS (iPhone & iPad). We've been running a UAC for it, and been really happy with the results, *except* that we'd like to try to get significantly more iPhone users and fewer iPad users. Is there a sensible way to do this? We'd even be fine with simply not advertising at all to iPad users if that's the easiest option - but I can't find anything in the UAC campaign that would help with this.

Any suggestions? 

Thank you very much!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Seppo,

Thanks for posting to the Community. There is not currently a way to control device type targeting for UAC campaigns since UACs automatically optimize the device targeting for you.

If you wanted to test a different campaign type besides Universal App Campaigns (such as mobile app install campaigns for Display or Search), then you could experiment with the option to either turn off tablet targeting or lower your bids for tablets.

Let me know if you have additional questions,
Cassie

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Seppo,

You can try to bid lower on tablet device , so you been able to achieve iphone user more.

Regards,

Manish