AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Is Forwarding number on ad and website the same ?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If i set up call conversion tracking on website, will Adwords display the same forwarding number on my site and on ads ? I read through the help articles and nothing mention this important detail. Thanks

4 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Djml,

These 2 tracking with Google forwarding number works differently.

You need to add a snippet on the webpages to get your website number replaced with GFN.

Get more details here:

Track calls to a phone number on a website

About call reporting

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, i know i need to add a snippet on th e webpages, but my question is : once i add this snippet and once i set up the mandatory forwarding number on my adwords campaigns, will google use the same number on ad and website ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@MosheTLV : i'm sorry, it's not solved. The answer just send to content i already know and did not answer the specific question.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

As mentioned, since those are different codes, different numbers.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This is what confuse me since the website tracking code requires you activate a forwarding numbers on ads.

If they are different, what's the point in making ads forwarding number mandatory ?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Djml,

Call Extensions is a site extensions that is tracked differently from the website call tracking. They are two different products, two different reporting methods, and two different options to utilize. They are completely different in all respects.

Your other topic of this same nature has more info on this.

All the Best,

James 

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

For the purposes of being an AdWords customer, whether Google uses the same number or not is irrelevant, and there is no official answer on this.

Whenever I have done a test, the forwarding number has been the same in both ad and website, which makes logical and financial sense for Google. 

In my experience, Google mostly uses the same number for all call forwarding to a particular advertiser over long periods of time. However it can change at any time. So if you were considering using that number outside of AdWords purposes, I strongly recommend that you don't. 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Djml;

Correct. One feature requires the other, but Google does not guarantee the numbers, and further, it specifically highlights  that they can be changed..  I assume that the reason is the technical structure of the reporting.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’