AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

In app ad preview (image) - targeting phones with your competiro's app installed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I preview an image in app ad on mobile? I have created a campaign with a banner on the display network that will target phones with apps installed similar to my own app (Travel category). When clicking on the "preview ad" button, the image is not displayed. Please help.

In app ad preview (image) - targeting phones with your competiro's app installed

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Naomi

Yes, this happens sometimes. What you could do is, under the image ad in your Adwords Interface, there will be an option called "View Full Size Display Ad". Click on that and the preview opens with a URL "Share Link to see Ad Variation". Copy the URL and paste it in your Desktop Browser in another Tab or you can also open the same link on your phone and see how it would appear on Mobile.

Let me know if this works.

Re: In app ad preview (image) - targeting phones with your competitor's app installed

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't find that option. I'm attaching a screen-shot. Thanks!

ad preview adwords.PNG

Naomi Netzell

Digital Marketing Manager

naomi@amovens.com

+34 912 91 63 87

+34 693 695 704

Re: In app ad preview (image) - targeting phones with your competitor's app installed

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I wasnt able to see the screenshot but here it is below.

Campaign Management – Google AdWords.png

Campaign Management.png

Copy that "https://adwords" link and paste on a different tab in your Desktop browser and open the same via your mobile device.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK thanks! This would be for normal display. But what about this kind of inapp display ads?

No link shows up..  :/

ad preview adwords 2.jpg

(I added the first screen-shot to my first reply as well.)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Oh. No possibility to be able to see the exact ads you build but you could open this link on your phone and find the specific template and see how it would appear. https://www.richmediagallery.com/tools/template-database#

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I preview an image in app ad on mobile? I have created a campaign with a banner on the display network that will target phones with apps installed similar to my own app (Travel category). When clicking on the "preview ad" button, the image is not displayed. Please help.