AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

IOS & Android App Campaign Structure?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

When creating a Search campaign for mobile apps. My App is available on both Android and IOS devices. Do I need to duplicate the campaign but switch the app i would like to advertise, Or will Google automatically select the correct app? My concern is that when you look at the targeted devices under settings, it says "all" I don't want two separate campaigns for the same app, but for IOS or Android competing against each other. Does this make sense? Not sure what the best account structure is for an App that is for both IOS and Android. Any feedback is great! Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chloe Hall
June 2016

Re: IOS & Android App Campaign Structure?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Chloe,

You can only promote one app per campaign. Yes you need to create two separate Mobile App Install Campaign for your Android & IOS.

Chole Q-  "will Google automatically select the correct app? My concern is that when you look at the targeted devices under settings, it says "all" I don't want two separate campaigns for the same app, but for IOS or Android competing against each other."

Answer - IOS & Android Mobile App will not compete each other because when you set up a mobile app install or mobile app engagement campaign and select the app you want to advertise, it should show under "Devices" that it will target all compatible devices. For example, when I walk through creating a mobile app install campaign, I see the following about setting screenshot:-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLZHZOTEJfZWpfRjA/view?usp=sharing

I will recommend to create two separate campaign for Android & IOS. Want to know more about Create a Search Network app installs campaign then Click Here

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Anand

Google+ Linkedin