AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

I am getting a lot of wrong number calls from by google ad. Can I get a credit?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not 100% aware of Google's policy on this matter but my guess would be no. They will point out that the number to be entered is solely the user's responsibility and that they are not at fault. Unless you set up your number with Google forwarding, that may be a separate issue. Never hurts to reach out to Google support, they will be able to help you out more than any member can. Good luck! Happy advertising!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ronald M
June

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @Ronald M,

There are possibilities that the same GFN was assigned previously to any other business and you are getting calls from the users having the same number saved with them.

You can pause the Google forwarding for the instant till you get the issue solved from the AdWords support team and use your own number meanwhile.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sounds like you need more negative keywords and probably shouldn't advertise on broad match. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also got wrong number calls, most of them think they are calling my competition

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

but you can't reach a support team