AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

How to get 100% traffic from mobile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi experts,

I am writing to know is there any chance of getting 100% of the toal adwords traffic through mobile devices?

I have mobile preferred ads in all campaigns and my bid adjustment for mobile is 100% still I am getting some traffic from desktops which I want to convert into mobile so if any user sees my ad on mobile he/she should be directed to mobile landing page only.

Looking forward to responses.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to get 100% traffic from mobile

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

You can not completely restrict the desktop traffic, though can make restrictions to a good extent.

Just lower your keywords bid more so that the keywords can loose the auction due to very low bids and make device bid adjustments to +300% (if it is not the call-only campaign).

Note: Mobile bid adjustment is only for mobile device not the tablets.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Amad,

I will recommend to set lower bid on your campaigns keywords and increased 300% bid through mobile device bid adjustment in Campaign Setting >> Device Tab.

If you are running separate Campaign for Desktop & Tablet User then you will have to ad just the mobile bid -100% in your desktop campaign.

Please find below the URL for mobile bid adjustment:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167121?hl=en

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Amad,

There is option to target specific operation systems or models of devices http://prntscr.com/b55g1e
If you choose Android, iOS or both of them you can get rid of 100% of desktop traffic.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Amad Uddin A,

With the introduction of enhanced campaigns, now Google treats all the devices same. So, you can not target only mobile. You can set the lower bids and use the Bid adjustment with 300%, but it does not give you guarantee that you can only get the traffic from Mobile only.

As you have mentioned that you want all traffic on Mobile landing page, thus I suggest you also use Desktop landing so that little traffic on desktop and tablet, you will receive, should redirect to desktop landing page.

As you can target only mobile, so I would suggest you to use value track parameters to use both the landing page, so that, if ads are clicked on desktop, it should go to Desktop Landing page and if ads are clicked, it should go to Mobile landing. In this way you not loose the user experience.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amad,

The solutions above me make the most sense. However, If you set your ads to land on a mobile-only landing page and you fear desktop users may have a poor experience, you can always add a script on your page that will redirect them to a desktop version of your page.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers,

Stefano Apostolakos