AdWords
1.2K members online now
1.2K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

How do i use my RLSA audiences to suppress audiences in Google mobile app.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently targeting and suppressing specific keyword searches to audiences in a desktop search environment. I want to use this same approach in the mobile environment however since RLSA is cookie based and is linked to google authentication how can I suppress audiences in the Google mobile app as it is quickly surpassing desktop for number of relevant searches.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do i use my RLSA audiences to suppress audiences in Google mobile app.

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Dan,

Thanks for posting. Do you still need help with this?

Cassie

Re: How do i use my RLSA audiences to suppress audiences in Google mobile app.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I'd love some help with this.
As I understand it, the RLSA tag is only effective in desktop (due to cookie).
Since Adwords does not do authentication matching (as I understand it) the user who is cookied on desktop is not being suppressed in mobile.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan.

How do i use my RLSA audiences to suppress audiences in Google mobile app.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay here! The Community has had some issues with email notifications, so I missed your reply.

The good news is that as of the last couple of months, many remarketing on search (RLSA) and Customer Match lists can reach users across devices if they are signed into their Google accounts on those devices, and have consented to our updated policies. There is one exception to this which is RLSA lists created via the Google Analytics pixel. These lists will not reach users across devices at this time.

Let me know if you have additional questions,
Cassie