AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

How do I set up different accounts for AdWords app and Gmail app on iOS?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I use my gmail app for different email addresses than the emails my AdWords accounts are associated with. Unfortunately, every time I add and sign into my account on Gmail or the AdWords app on iOS, it changes the email and accounts on the other. I want to keep them completely separate and not associated with each other. How do I do this?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Allen M,

Have you looked at your AdWords accounts to see what addresses are associated with it? If you remove a user (email account) there, it would no longer be associated with the AdWords account. If you have more than one AdWords account, have you looked into using a AdWords Manager Account to simplify things? This way, you could use one log in to manage multiple AdWords accounts. 

You should be able to have your Gmail and use it only for email (not AdWords) and then create a email address for use purely for AdWords and create the AdWords Manager Account. Then add each AdWords account to your Manager Account and use just that with the separate email address. You could then forward that email to one of your Gmail emails associated with your phone/app and it receive info but not be associated with it. 

Sorry if I misunderstood your request and provided info you already have or considered. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I dont think you understand.  I think ALL Google Apps on iOS/iPhone are intertwined and work together.  

Therefore, for example, if I sign into JOHN@GMAIL.COM on my Gmail app, and then I go over to the Adwords app, JOHN@GMAIL.COM is automatically signed in.   The same goes vice versa. 

The problem is, I do not have an Adwords account for JOHN@GMAIL.COM.  So I log out and sign in with my Adwords account WORK@GMAIL.COM.  Then, Ill go back to my Gmail app and see WORK@GMAIL.COM is signed in.

Get it?

I want to have my Gmail app for my personal email and my Adwords app for my business account. 

Re: How do I set up different accounts for AdWords app and Gmail app on iOS?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

generally, the personal and business accounts can be separate.

however, usually, nothing can change the sign-on flows within a device --
since the flow is based mainly on google's one-account-all-of-google idea,

for most all google related products (apps).

see also

https://www.google.com/intl/en_us/about/products/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Celebird.  I guess theres nothing I can do but continue to sign out and sign in each time on each app. 

And who marked Rising Star's post as Best Answer?  IT WASNT EVEN AN ANSWER and this is NOT Solved.