AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

How To Setup GTM for Hybrid Mobile App?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I've a HYBRID mobile app and I would like to set up GTM (google tag manager) for Hybrid Mobile App using Firebase SDK (both Android & iOS).

Can you please guide me with a process or accurate steps to do this?
The reference links that Google has provided are for Native app but not for Hybrid App. So, request you not to share and recommend those links as a reply. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Shashank

Re: How To Setup GTM for Hybrid Mobile App?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Can anyone please guide me on this ASAP?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems that people try to avoid the hybrid app subject, there is a plugin that manages firebase https://github.com/arnesson/cordova-plugin-firebase but for the moment I don't see any kind of guide or way to add the gtm to the project 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I've accomplished it using Cordova Plugin itself. Thanks, @Avram V!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

which plugin ? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I had to go with legacy SDK, not firebase as per my requirement. 

However, here is the one I've used - https://github.com/kraihn/cordova-plugin-tag-manager

What are you looking at? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi im new to hybrid app and GTM as well as GA..
How do you implement this? it says that cordova is is not found.. 

Im using Ionic 3 fyi.. thankyou

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We can see at this post that since 2016 Google hasn't officially provided a consolidated solution to work with Hybrid apps.

I already tried to use the Firebase SDK + GTM scope offered in the documentation (https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/ios/v5/) but this presents some problems when working with Ionic, for example. The plugins does not have support and it may not work well with Ionic 2+.

The solution i found is to use the Firebase SDK in the native layer of the app and install the GTM container .js script at the screens Ionic manage. The result is 2 bases of data measuring, that can be combined with some raw data treatment process or you can simply use the both sources to get the reports and informations needed.

I am sharing my experience here trying to help everybody (including me haha) with this subject. Sincerely, i do not know when (or if) Google will work to make things easier with that context of applications excepting insists in the use of just Firebase Analytics for apps (which platform has very different concepts that the old Mobile properties/views in GA).