AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Have local retailers found success using the pay per click using the phone call option

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering if any local brick and mortar retailers who don't have an online eCommerce option, have used Googles pay per click (via the phone option) ? If yes, have they found it to be helpful in their sales.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tina R
November 2016

Have local retailers found success using the pay per click using the phone call option

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @tina r,

Most retailers use a range of advertising products, with AdWords being one of the most successful. And retailers with an online store (eCommerce), often do use Google Shopping Ads, which is a component of Adwords, but only one of several. 

I manage AdWords account for most all types of businesses and employ AdWords campaigns that vary from Shopping, Search, Display, Video and Mobile. With those, we employ all types of ads with as many features as applicable for our clients. 

When you say via the phone option, while there is a call only campaign type, it will not generate all that many calls on its own. You would want to still use a informational website that discusses your products or services as your landing page (where clicks on ads end up) and then use a contact form, action button "Call Now: X-XXX-XXXX" or some type of purposeful goal to target conversions of those clicks. 

There are far more businesses that use this type of setup than there are using eCommerce and Shopping Ads. Not all businesses use eCommerce to sell products or services, but all businesses need to promote their products and/or services to obtain more customers than allowable organically or naturally (without advertising). 

Take a look at the links I provided, along with this Best Practices Guide for AdWords. Read a bit and then let us know what questions we can answer and how we can best help you achieve success with AdWords for your type of business.

All the Best,

James 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tina R
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @tina r,

Most retailers use a range of advertising products, with AdWords being one of the most successful. And retailers with an online store (eCommerce), often do use Google Shopping Ads, which is a component of Adwords, but only one of several. 

I manage AdWords account for most all types of businesses and employ AdWords campaigns that vary from Shopping, Search, Display, Video and Mobile. With those, we employ all types of ads with as many features as applicable for our clients. 

When you say via the phone option, while there is a call only campaign type, it will not generate all that many calls on its own. You would want to still use a informational website that discusses your products or services as your landing page (where clicks on ads end up) and then use a contact form, action button "Call Now: X-XXX-XXXX" or some type of purposeful goal to target conversions of those clicks. 

There are far more businesses that use this type of setup than there are using eCommerce and Shopping Ads. Not all businesses use eCommerce to sell products or services, but all businesses need to promote their products and/or services to obtain more customers than allowable organically or naturally (without advertising). 

Take a look at the links I provided, along with this Best Practices Guide for AdWords. Read a bit and then let us know what questions we can answer and how we can best help you achieve success with AdWords for your type of business.

All the Best,

James