AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Google text ads with iTunes IOS Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello 

I want to put my IOS app store link on google search text ads, but the system keep say mismatch destination, does google not allow for IOS app store link?

someone has same experience? help me out

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi XIAO

You can always opt into Mobile App Install under "Search Network" if you want to run ads that lead to your iOS/Android App.

But if you don't want to use this feature than yes, you can use iOS App Store Link with your regular Text Ads. All you need to do is give your final URL as your store link and your Display URL also as "itunes.apple.com" since Google wont approve giving Final URL as itunes.app with Display URL as your website link.

As for the error you are seeing, I am assuming you are using a Third Party Install tracker and giving their tracking link in the Tracking Template. You need to make sure than when you click on the Tracking Link, the final destination should be the same as the one you have given as your Final URL i.e. your app store link. Even a slight difference in your final destination through the tracking link and the Final URL can cause this issue.

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Selvin,

I have the same problem: always getting "destination mismatch" after review. I don't have clue how a mismatch can occur if I just pass the itunes.apple.com product link?

2nd: I don't find the Mobile App Install option under "Search Network".

Thanks for any hint…

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Heizo

Is it possible for you to share a screenshot of your ad text set up that shows the Final URL, Display URL & your Tracking Template?

For the 2nd option, there is an option of Mobile App Install & Mobile App Engagement (Android Only) under Search Network. You can use this link that should help you out. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6309969