AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Google shopping carousel cards aren't clickable on iOS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When searching from iOS safari shopping ads are unclickable. Search shows this carousel at the top.

shopping carouselshopping carousel

Tapping a card shows this expanded carousel view.

expanded. nothing is clickable. not even the close 'x'.expanded. nothing is clickable. not even the close 'x'.

However, literally nothing on this page does anything if you tap it. Even the 'x' to close the carousel does not work.

The only way to close the carousel is to drag it down.

I think this is pretty much the opposite of effective ad tech. Un-actionable ads which frustrate the user and cause them to terminate their search/shopping session. I am unclear how this could have passed through to a production release. Is there any testing done on the final page render of ads at google at all?

George

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi George,

I recommend submitting that feedback via Google Feedback here: https://www.google.com/tools/feedback/intl/en/

Nice catch!

John

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @George P

I have tested 2-3 devices, But it is working fine.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’