AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Google rep. told me minimum 25$ per day for adwords call only ads.

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi,
I recently decided to use call only ads with adwords and for my target audience, I can get 5 to 7 clicks to calls for 10$. However my account manager at Google says I can't use adwords call only ads if I don't spend 25$ US or 33$ canadian per day in regular adwords. But she said I could do it in Adwords Express. I find this very odd and have never experienced this on any other type of ad in the big 3 (bing, FB and google). It's the first time I've used Google express and I don't like it at all. I got 17 clicks and no calls at all on a call only add!!! I think it's because google search partners are displaying most of my ads and I heard there are problems with them with call only. The thing is I can't remove them in express like I can in adwords. I'm thinking of canceling adwords express but right now I can't handle more than 5 to 7 calls a day and don't want to spend more than 20$cdn a day anyways. Is there anyway around this? Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I strongly agree with @MosheTLV. When I first read this query I was almost sure there could have been a misunderstanding over the phone.

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I am not familiar with any spend limits  with call only campaigns. Could it be that she meant to say that the system suggested a higher bid or limited budget. That said suggested bids or budget by the system are  recommended, not required...  

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I strongly agree with @MosheTLV. When I first read this query I was almost sure there could have been a misunderstanding over the phone.

Lakatos

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Something's definitely not right there. Smiley Happy You don't have to have an Express account, and if you actually want to manage or optimize your AdWords account, then Express is going to be far too limited for you. You can just pause everything in Express, that way everything still exists if you ever want to use it for some reason, but you won't have any active campaigns or accrue any costs.

Tom

N/A
# 5
N/A

Thanks guys for your input, I knew something wasn't right. I paused my express campaign and as I thought, there is no restriction of how much or little I spend on my call only ads. On top of it all, I asked the rep when we started the campaign to get all the same settings from my adwords campaign (ie. exclude search partners, mobile only) and she didn't. This resulted in 17 clicks and no phone calls. Do you think I can get those clicks refunded?