AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Google Play Search Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Community, 

I keep reading that if I am running mobile app install campaigns they will automatically be shown in the play store as well. I was now testing different keywords in the play store, even for some other apps like hotels, but I couldn't see one single ad. I was now wondering if that may be a country issue? I am based in Austria. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Gabriel

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gabriel W
June 2016

Re: Google Play Search Ads

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Gabriel,

You have to choose Universal App campaign, after doing this your ads will show on play store as well.

Where your ads can appear
You ads will be eligible to appear across Google's properties. This includes Google Search and Google Play, as well as our search partners, the Google Display Network, and many more publishers who host app ads. Here are some of the places where your ads can appear:

Google Search Network:-
Google Play
Google Search
Google search partners

YouTube:-
Relevant pages or content in the YouTube app and YouTube mobile site.
AdWords can show your ads on YouTube where they're most likely to be clicked, and your app is most likely to be downloaded.

Google Display Network:-
Other apps
Mobile websites of news sites, blogs, and other sites across the Internet

Thanks
Ashwani Kumar

Google Play Search Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What if I want to just advertise my app on Google Play without showing it in places like Google Search, etc? Similar to how I can do iOS search ads

Google Play Search Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to know this as well. I'd like to only advertise on Google Play just like I can only advertise on the Apple AppStore. This way I can more easily compare bids, etc across similar types of places.