AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps Placement for Real Estate Listings

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to know if it is possible to position my ads on the Google Maps app only when there are people who have or are searching for homes in the area. I want to be able to show my clients property listings as a sponsored ad within the users current GPS location.  

I read that I can use extension with our business location address, and phone number, but sometimes our listings are not close to our office. They may be 3-5 miles down or in another city. 

Is there a way to run a Geofenced Ad to display on Google maps when a user is searching for homes and is nearby one of my listings?  

I have been told to create an app, but this seems like Google maps is the most natural solution - simply because they will need to see which homes are around, and then get directions to the property. 

Please advise. Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

On Google maps you can show only your office (a brick and mortar) location.

Google search seems to be the solution:

You can show your ad to users who are present in the territory / region you are commonly active in (whether this is a  zip code or neighborhoods) 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. Do you know if I can limit where the ads will show. For example, people looking at homes, are usually getting directions using Google maps... it is these people that I would like to show my ads to via Google maps app.  Thank you again. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex A
March

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Here you are the instructions on how to advertise on maps.

However, this would advertise your brick and mortar location - My understanding of your question is that this not your intent.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3246303

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’