AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Google Forwarding Number is it working or not?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just got of the phone with Google Adwords helpdesk and I'm not convinced about the answered I received.

In short:

- For a client in the US I want to add a call extension to their USA number

- I would like to show a local number too Googlers in: Australia, Azia, Europe, Africa,...

When I check movies about how to set Google Forwarding number I can clearly see that you should be able to check "show my ads with a google forwarding phone number and use call reporting"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HY-8HBQMk0 --> check 0:54

or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SuIprHZAeg --> check 1:15

But in my account I don't have this possibility!

screenshot.JPG

And on the other hand, when the phone number is  added and I click on the white comment box I get the message that Google Forwarding is activated.

screenshot2.JPG

So according to Google Adwords helpdesk this should be activated now, some countries support it, other don’t, I myself am in Belgium should it is supported here.

So my questions are these:

• Is it or is it not activated?
  • What if someone searches in Australia, will it show an Australian number or toll-free number?
  • If someone googles in a country where it is not supported will it then show the US number?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Ruben H

The Google forwarding number is available in Belgium; But note that the number  shown is a local number and will be shown only for users who are physically in Belgium searching about your business. If you wish to target users in Australia you must set a local number three  which will be forwarded to your CRM center.

>>"Whenever possible, Google forwarding numbers will share the same area code or prefix number as your business. Otherwise, a local number area code or prefix for your geographic region will be used instead. In some cases, a local Google forwarding number may not be available. When this happens, your ad will show a toll-free Google forwarding number instead. Google forwarding numbers are either toll-free, equivalent to a local number, or a local number.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply, though im not talking about my business in Belgium but about a company in the USA.

Your are talking about local number forwarded to crm center..sorry don't understand...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Then the number will be shown only to users within the target area (USA, or a targeted region within the USA)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And if I target a country like Mexico, which number will show up in the add? A Google generated number?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And if I target a country like Mexico, which number will show up in the add? A Google generated number?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Call forwarding to is always a Google number. It cannot serve as a business number.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply,

so in short:

- When I target Mexico and use the call forwarding system to an US number, people in Mexico will see a toll free or local number

- When I target a country that doesn't support call forwarding (such as the Netherlands), people in the Netherlands will just see the US number.

Am I correct?

thanks!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Nope

Nope;

1. The country targeted must be supported for GFN.  Mexico is supported so users in Mexico will see a local number in Mexico and your number (to which the call is routed) must also ne a local number in Mexico.

2. You cannot target with GFN countries which are not supported, regardless how the call is routed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, so I received wrong info then from on the Adwords helpdesk.

So what happens then If I add a telephone number for a campaign in a country where no GFN is supported?

As you can see on the screenshot, I haven't been asked if I want to use GFN or not.