AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Google Call Forwarding Number Option Checked but Real Tele Number Still Displays in Ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Has anyone ever had the problem were you opt-in to the Google Forwarding Number option for call tracking conversion YET, AdWords doesn't display a forwarding/tracking number in the search results...but just continues to show the true business telephone number?

And if so, what did you do to resolve the matter?  Thanks in advance...this place is always so helpful!

call-forward-tracking-adwords.gif

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Call Forwarding Number Option Checked but Real Tele Number Still Displays in Ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Where forwarding numbers don’t work:

Display network: Call extensions targeting the Display Network don’t support Google forwarding numbers or tracking of calls as conversions.

Ads with low traffic: Google forwarding numbers may not show with desktop ads if your ad group isn’t getting a minimum number of clicks in a four-week period. Your business phone number will be shown in that case. (There’s no minimum requirement for ads on high-end mobile devices.)

Outside of Google ads: Custom Google forwarding numbers shouldn’t be used for any other purpose (except where you used these numbers for website call conversion tracking). These numbers are a property of Google and can change or be reassigned at any time.

Reference:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Google Call Forwarding Number Option Checked but Real Tele Number Still Displays in Ads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello,

Can you tell us if the call details are available for you in the dimensions tab since the time you implemented this? Do you see any numbers for Phone impressions?

Also note that when you use Google forwarding number, AdWords will either allocate a toll free number OR a local number based on the availability and when someone calls that number, it will be redirected to your actual business number that you have added.

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Talexander,

I am glad to provide a right answer to you. The settings visible in screenshot are correct. It is normally not possible that google still displays a true original number. If you send me the screenshot of search results showing the original number, then I can check.

Meanwhile, please check on your side, that you have have same settings like in screenshot,
for every call-only ad, every call extension.

Then after, the number must change in the search results. As in my 8 years experience, I have never seen such bug.

Jack A

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove a promotional signature. Please also note that it runs counter to our Guidelines to offer assistance outside of the Community itself. Thank you for your understanding.

Before posting further, please review our Community Guidelines, which may be found here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Community-Guidelines/Community-Guidelines/ba-p/475932

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Taxelender,

Yes, Your True Business Phone is showing with your ads bcause of low traffic with your ads.

Google forwarding numbers may not show with desktop ads if your ad group isn’t getting a minimum number of clicks in a four-week period. Your business phone number will be shown in that case. (There’s no minimum requirement for ads on high-end mobile devices.)

You can read more about Call forwarding from here : - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Aannd