AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Google Android App - ow do I login?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.  But the Android Adword App? How do I login? All I get is three screens saying how wonderful it is, and 'try again' 

Almost like it has an automatic login...the trouble with that is my email is different from my adwords email/username. 

Any pointers would be most appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rob,

When this has happened in the past, the only way I was able to resolve it was to make sure the phone/device was only logged into the Google account that was also on the AdWords account as an admin or owner... then remove the AdWords app from the device and then restart (power cycle the device) and reinstall the app. 

In your case, you would simply want to uninstall the app, power cycle the device... and add your Google device's email address to the AdWords account you are wanting to use the app with... then install the app again. Please use this info to add a user to AdWords.

All the Best,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Really what a pile of poo Smiley Happy 

I have umpteen accounts I want to be able to login to.  So I will have to add them all to the phone? Or will that leave my in same position, but without being able to choose which account it logs into? 

I think I will just to stick to logging on using a browser.  

This seems to be a symptom of our times, organisations thinking they now the best way for people to work, or achieve something rather than actually thinking about how people might work? Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

James,

I have the same problem Rob talks about after the last app udpate on my Android device. I had 3 Google accounts on my deivce, all of which had access to its OWN Adwords account.

After running into this problem, I removed all but one account from my device, uninstalled Adwords and rebooted. I still am stuck on the app's welcome screen, followed by a "Try Again" message after about 30seconds.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James, 

Not found a solution except not to use the APP!! 

It really annoys me that companies develop these APPs thinking they know how people will use them. So they create 'instant logins'... oh how wonderfully smooth and efficient we are!!! 

NO is the short answer. 

So I am sticking with desktop view, which to me may be an inconvenience but I have 29inch screen and I get to see all the data I need instantly.  So actually an APP would be pointless for me now. 

Sorry not much help, I wish you luck.