AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

First lign of Call Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I have a call add for a taxi company everything works fine but the first text line reads "Call 0000000000" with the correct number but I would like the text to be Call Taxi, because although the taxi info is in the 2nd line other adds in the same region have taxi in the first line and I feel that my ad with just "call" is a little vague for potential customers.

When I try to modify I can only change the second and third line description or the phone number. Is there any way to change this first line??

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best Regards,

Laura

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karrou A
May 2016

Re: First lign of Call Ad

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Karrou A
In addition to Ratan-Jha answer:
In common search network campaign you can use "Call Extensions" and link you AdWords account with your Google My Business account - if mobile user will see ad then there will be clckable link to immidiatelly call your company.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Karrou A,

The ad type you are referring to is 'Call Only' ad. Such ads do not have headlines. The phone number takes up the place of headline. Also, such ads show only on devices that can make calls. 

If you want to have a headline for your ad, create normal search network campaign.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6324971

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karrou A
May 2016

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Karrou A
In addition to Ratan-Jha answer:
In common search network campaign you can use "Call Extensions" and link you AdWords account with your Google My Business account - if mobile user will see ad then there will be clckable link to immidiatelly call your company.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply this has just made things much easier, now I understand why it was just the number being displayed.
Thank you for the info I have now added the extension.