AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Engagement Apps - Minimum Installs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Does anyone know, how many app installs I need in order to run App Engagement Ads? At the moment I have only 100 and Google Support told me, that this is not enough.

Many thanks in advance.

Sören

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Engagement Apps - Minimum Installs

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Sören,

Thanks for posting to the Community! There is no set number of app installs required before you can run App Engagement campaigns, but running this campaign type when you have only a small number of installs means that the App Engagement campaign may not get many clicks since it would have very few people to target ads to.

Let me know if you have additional questions,
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

Thanks for your answer. The issue is that the status for the keywords already state, that the ads are not shown and if I use the "Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool" it also tells me the same. Further I cannot see my ads on my device (and I have the app installed). So I assume that Google doesn't show the ads.

Best,
Sören

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Sören,

If AdWords is saying that your keywords are not triggering ads at this time, then they are not triggering ads. That message will typically include more information about why your ads aren't showing (ex. bids too low, low quality score, etc.), and you can work on resolving those issues to make your ads eligible. However, if everything is eligible to show and you are not getting any impressions, then that would mean that there are not enough people who meet your targeting criteria.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

".. if everything is eligible to show and you are not getting any impressions, then that would mean that there are not enough people who meet your targeting criteria." That is right and for an App developer it would be great to know how many app installs I need before considering doing Google Engagement Ads. But it doesn't seem that anyone knows this...

Best regards from Germany,
Sören

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Sören,

I can't give you a hard number of "minimum installs" because there's no such thing. Definitely the more users you have, the more likely you'll be able to reach them and retarget them with ads. But there is unfortunately not a number which, once you reach it, your App Engagement campaigns will take off. That depends on your app and your users.

It sounds to me, though, that you would be better off focusing on optimizing a App Install campaign for the time being, and as your user number grows, the App Engagement campaign will begin to get traffic.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Cassie,

Thanks a lot.

I'm working for Shopgate a company who offers a complete mobile solution for nearly 15.000 online shops worldwide. We are now integrating deep linking + Google Firebase in our product and would like to advice our customers to promote their Shopping Apps with Google Adwords Install ads and Engagement Ads. What shall we tell them, when they should start doing Google engagement ads?

Cheers,
Sören