AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Drive Mobile App Installs | #MobileMonday

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

We’ve briefly touched upon app campaigns in our #MobileMonday series a couple months ago, but Universal App Campaigns are just one of many app promotion options. 

Watch this recent training with Max and Jesse from Google's Apps Strategy team for an introduction to app user acquisition. You’ll learn about the many options available for promoting your mobile app, as well as how to choose the best campaign type and measurement tools based on your goals.

a

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Drive Mobile App Installs | #MobileMonday

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
If you have any questions, please post below and we'll be happy to help.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If i make a normal campaign with "install App" extension or make a dedicated app install campaign , what are the possibilities to appear in search for both type of campaign with single search query?
what i mean: i am targeting both type of campaign with same keywords , does it mean i am competing with my self?
or is there any preference for special type of campaign(dedicated app install campaign or simple search campaign with app install extension) will perform better on mobile?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for posting to the Community! These are great questions.

Since in your example, both your Search campaign and your App Install campaign appear on the Search Network, you would not be able to have ads show in the same search for both campaigns. This is because you can only have one ad show on a given network (in this case the Search network) per auction. 

You are "competing with yourself" in the sense that when an auction happens for the keyword you're targeting, AdWords will look at the eligible campaigns and ads in your account and will only pick one to send to the ad auction with your competitors. The system won't have a preference based on campaign type for which one it prefers to show, but it will prefer the ad and keyword combination with the highest ad rank. So whichever ad has the best combination of bid, quality score, and expected impact of any ad extensions will win out. I'd recommend reading this article about Ad Rank to get a better understanding of what the system is looking at.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
When creating a Search campaign for mobile apps. My App is available on both Android and IOS devices. Do i need to duplicate the campaign but switch the app i would like to advertise, Or will Google automatically select the correct app? My concern is that when you look at the targeted devices under settings, it says "all" I don't want two separate campaigns for the same app, but for IOS or Android competing against each other. Does this make sense? Not sure what the best account structure is for an App that is for both IOS and Android. Any feedback is great! Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi I can drive my downloads trough Universal App campaign, only for Android.
Please tell me about iOS, I've set up search, display campaigns but unfortunately it's a little hard to get conversation type as Download.
Could help me please?
Thank you