AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Dimensions Call Details <> Clicks in Call Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having an issue with understanding call reporting within AdWords, and I hope that someone out there can provide some guidance.

I am running search campaigns with call extensions. When I visit Ad Extensions --> Call Extensions for all campaigns, the number of clicks reported is typically anywhere from 150 to 200 each week. Does this represent the number of times people clicked on the phone numbers in these ads and placed phone calls? Or does this represent the number of times people clicked anywhere on an ad, regardless of whether they clicked on the actual phone number?

When I look in Dimensions --> Call Details, the number of calls that Google reports as being placed in the same time period is significantly lower, normally in the range of 5%-15% of the number reported in Ad Extensions --> Call Extensions.

When I look at reporting within our phone system, the numbers align more with what is reported in Dimensions --> Call Details than with Ad Extensions --> Call Extensions, which to me indicates that I have been interpreting incorrectly the figures presented in Ad Extensions --> Call Extensions.

How do I tell exactly how many phone calls are being placed from our ads? Knowing what the correct number is is critical, because we are trying to figure out how many calls we are getting from these ads and whether our reps are doing their best to convert these phone calls to leads.

Any insight that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

John

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John W
January 2017

Dimensions Call Details &lt;&gt; Clicks in Call Extensions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi John,

The click numbers in the ad extension report are for clicks anywhere on the ad when the extension was showing.

To see actual clicks on the extension, go to the Campaign tab and choose Segment > Click Type

And as you know, Dimensions --> Call Details will list all the calls.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John W
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi John,

The click numbers in the ad extension report are for clicks anywhere on the ad when the extension was showing.

To see actual clicks on the extension, go to the Campaign tab and choose Segment > Click Type

And as you know, Dimensions --> Call Details will list all the calls.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response!