AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Different display URLs according the device (mobile or desktop)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to have two different display URLs for the same announce in function of the device, so basically an URL for tablet and smartphone and another for desktop. Or if I have to have a copy of each announce.

Thanks to everybody who will help me!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You would have to split it up into different Adgroups, since you can control device bid adjustments on the Adgroup level. An easy way to do this would be in the Adwords Desktop Editor: copy the existing Adgroup, rename it to mobile or desktop, adjust the device bids, then change the display URLs. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthias K
November 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Display URL's don't exist with expanded text ads. Standard text ads will be going away soon, so display URL's are about to go the way of the dinosaur. You can select two different final URL's for ETA's - A standard URL, and a mobile URL. So, just create ETA's for all your new ads, and include both the desktop, and mobile final URL's.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Tom,

thanks a lot for your useful information. I tried a little bit but I have not found any place where I could select two different final URLs, for mobile and standard. May I ask you where is this setting?

Thanks a lot for your patience, I really appreciate it!

Re: Different display URLs according the device (mobile or desktop)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the problem where I want both the PC and the Mobile to have the same link. If someone does a search for my business type, it will bring me up, and after clicking on the the website link it brings me to different pages of my site. The landing page is different on the Mobile. Any thoughts on how to fix that?