AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Custom Mobile Audience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone's aware of a way to create a custom AAID/IDFA-based audience similar to the feature available on Facebook. So basically remarketing but based on an upload of mobile ad IDs rather than email or cookie data.

I can't find any mention in the documentation so I'm guessing it's not supported but just wanted to double-check. 

Many thanks!

Pete

Custom Mobile Audience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

I have the same question.

By any chance do you have answer of this?

Regards

Saurav

Custom Mobile Audience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Saurav, unfortunately not. As far as I can tell it's not supported but haven't been able to confirm for sure.

Pete

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pete M
June

Custom Mobile Audience

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pete

Its been a while so I am sure you must have figured how to do it but in case you didnt, you can do so.

Under Audiences tab in Adwords, create a new Remarketing List and choose Mobile App Users as the option. Then in the option "

Who to add to your list", choose "Upload Advertising IDs/IDFAs".

Let me know if works.

Custom Mobile Audience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Selvin,

Many thanks!

We actually hadn't got that far so your reply is very helpful - we're not yet active on Adwords and at this stage just trying to determine whether it'll fit our needs before getting started so hadn't had chance to see that option. Great to hear we can upload a custom audience.

I don't suppose you know whether there's any form of look-alike modelling available for the uploaded audience is there?

Thanks again,

Pete

Custom Mobile Audience

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pete

Yes, there is an option for that but unlike others, there is no manual option to create a look-alike audience. Google automatically creates a "Similar Audience" (same as lookalike) once its able to gather similar audience. So there are chances where Google might not be able to do so if its unable to find.

Custom Mobile Audience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah, OK. That makes sense.

Many thanks for the help - we'll give it a go and see what happens!

Best,

Pete