AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Click to call extension not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear community, I'm trying to set up a click to call ad that will work on mobile devices and the extension is not working. I first attempted to see my ad by using a very spacific search term and the ad showed perfectly but without the click to call option. I then went to the ad preview tool  (https://adwords.google.com/aw/diagnostic/AdPreview?ocid=212363917&__c=5645650533&__u=8868568530&auth...) and received a message saying "[!] Call extension. This extension is elegible but a diffferent extension with better expected performance was shown instead"

I reviewed my extensions and click to call is the only one I've ever set up (my account is new and I only have 1 campaign with 2 ads. So there's no chance of me not seeing someting in my account). 

Could you please lend a hand? 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Esteban T
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

All extensions appear when Google decides to show them. You can't make them show. Generally call extensions to appear most of the time because generally they perform better than other extensions.

Keep in mind that Google results vary from person to person. You are better off using the Ad Preview tool within AdWords, and looking at the stats of your extensions to see if the call extension is being displayed or not.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Esteban T
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

All extensions appear when Google decides to show them. You can't make them show. Generally call extensions to appear most of the time because generally they perform better than other extensions.

Keep in mind that Google results vary from person to person. You are better off using the Ad Preview tool within AdWords, and looking at the stats of your extensions to see if the call extension is being displayed or not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That link is no longer valid.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe you can help me. I had a campaign not reporting any action on my screen. I contacted adwords and while on Support.Google the assisitant confirmed that my interface wasn't working properly. I paused the account and was provided a ticket # to investigate the issue. That was 4 days ago. I have called each day to no avail. What can be done with customer service to address the issue if anything?