AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Click to call ads on display network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can i create "click to call" / "call now" ads on the display network?

With or without the "click to call" or "cal now" button

I mean could i actually use tel:01234567890 as the link and upon my audience clicking on the image there phone would start calling?

If so, would Google adwords restrict my ads being shown to Tablet / Desktop phones?

Also would my ad get more points if i used a freephone / toll free number in that location? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Click to call ads on display network?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Follow the editorial guidelines.
Call to action as "click here" (or animation of "click now / here") - are not allowed, and adds will be disapproved on all devices.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en
As for your second question: any number owned by the business is fine. Toll free numbers encourage users to call, but they are not required for call extensions.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Was not referring to putting a CTA on an ad

Was asking if from a banner, upon the person clicking it, can this initiate the click to call feature and have my user immediately receive a call?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It could, but quite limited on the display network;
Read here;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Robert,

Any Direct (insisting) Call to action like click here, buy here not allowed in any type of ad.
Display Network doesn't support the Call Extensions.

If you want Click to Call directly on your number, then you have to put Url in Final urls at the time of Ad creation. The urls must contains you domain name, if you have such kind of urls then it is possible else you have to land you visitor on your landing page where you can show Call No. of other desired information.

Regards