AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Choose which app your ads show

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am looking to create an app for local businesses in my community. I was wondering if you could specify which app your ads show so if these businesses wanted to promote within my app they could do so 

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Choose which app your ads show

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
@Jeff L

If you're asking about ad sizes for mobile devices, you can find them all listed here: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/68727?hl=en

If that wasn't what you were asking, could you please elaborate?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@David K

Thank you for your response.

An example would be: Company XYZ is a local Ice cream shop. If XYZ wanted to promote a mobile ad within my app (the ads that usually show up on top) could they create an ad and choose my app in which to showcase it? Or maybe could I create an ad within my app for them?

Hope this clarifies

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
@Jeff L

It really depends on a lot of things. First you'll need to program your app to have that ad slot. Then you could sell what ever inventory you wanted. As for choosing your app in ad network like the Google Display Network which includes AdMob, you'll need to apply to be a publisher. There are other mobile ad networks out there as well. An app I did marketing for in the past was programmed in such a way that it could serve ads from multiple networks, and any in house inventory. Each network could be programmed to serve a certain percentage to test which networks performed best.

Until your app gains significant traction, managed placements will most likely be few and far between. If your app is local in nature, I think you'll find the best results from advertisers targeting mobile users in your area on various ad networks... at least starting up.