AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Calls from ads along with calls from website tracking at the same time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've added 2 call extensions with the same number. The purpose is to track

1. Calls from ad extension (when user click on the phone from the ad and make a call)

2. Calls from the website (when a user lands a page, see the number and manually enter it and make a call). Google support told me that I can use the same phone numbers. I have doubts about it, as I see only 1 active.

Am I need to use one of the phone's extension or just need to wait more time to gain statistics?

call-ext.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Calls from ads along with calls from website tracking at the same time

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Виталий П,

There is no need to add 2 call extensions for the same number, though you can add 2 call extensions if you have different numbers on the landing page.

To track both type of call at the same time, you just need to place the tracking snippet for both and rest will be managed by the Google AdWords.

Here are the help files for both the tracking:

Track calls from ads

Track calls to a phone number on a website

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Calls from ads along with calls from website tracking at the same time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To track both type of call at the same time, you just need to place the tracking snippet for both and rest will be managed by the Google AdWords.

What do you mean to place tracking snippet for both? The tracking tag should be placed only for the 2nd type of call conversion (calls from the website). What should I do with the calls from ads?

See a pic below, when I choose which one conversion include to the report there are 2 conversions from a drop-down menu, one for Calls (calls from ads with the snippet where I enter my phone) and the 2nd one for Calls from ads. I can choose only one of them.

So by your recommendation, if I just place a snippet and choose the "Calls" from the setting Google will also automatically consider calls from ads, even if it is not chosen in the "report phone call conversions" (as on the picture)?

call-ext2.png