AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Call tracking not showing conversions for call extensions.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

This morning, about 2 hours ago, I implemented call tracking for our company's 8 call extensions (16 if you count the mobile preferred extensions). So far no conversions are showing, even though I'm certain I followed the instructions to the letter.

Question 1: How long does it take for a call conversion to show in my AdWords console?

Question 2: If I follow the instructions to a) add a call conversion, then b) enable call tracking for each extension, that's all I need to do, right? Google will sort out the Google Forwarding Numbers for me?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author April J
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hey April, some metrics may take up to 18 hours before they appear in your AdWords account. Conversions should be within 3 hours.

And it's exactly like you said, that should be it. Just make sure you checked the Report phone call conversions in your Call extension settings, so that call conversions would be reported in your Conversions tab. Otherwise you would need to create custom column for this conversion action.

Tomáš

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author April J
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hey April, some metrics may take up to 18 hours before they appear in your AdWords account. Conversions should be within 3 hours.

And it's exactly like you said, that should be it. Just make sure you checked the Report phone call conversions in your Call extension settings, so that call conversions would be reported in your Conversions tab. Otherwise you would need to create custom column for this conversion action.

Tomáš

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Wonderful, thank you for your help!

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Phone calls, and phone call conversions can populate almost immediately. However, not all phone calls are reported as phone call conversions. Make sure you enable your call details columns, and check you call details report in the dimensions tab. You may not have gotten any calls yet, there may be "missed" calls, or the call duration may not meet the call conversion requirements.

The setup is easy, but optimizing for and accurately recording phone call data can be a challenge. You need to make sure you take all the data from all the sources into account. Any single view or segment may not tell the whole story.

Tom