AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Call-only campaign: I'm paying for nothing...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created a Call-only campaign, I can see 5 clicks for today+yesterday, and now I need to pay aroung $60 for it.

But, I didn't recieve even a singe call... .

After the first 4 clicks I've created a call conversion tracking, but after 5th click my conversation tracking showing "No recent conversions". Sounds good, right? Google is saying that I've recieved a call and charged $60 total but conversions tracking didn't log any calls...

What is going on? For what am I paying? I don't want to pay for nothing.

Call-only campaign: I'm paying for nothing...

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

There is no such thing as a "call only" campaign. When you choose this campaign type, the only option a user has when they click an ad is to initiate a phone call. There is no guarantee that the user actually intended to initiate a phone call. If they intended to click through to the website, but instead their phone initiates a call, they are going to abandon the call. However, a user still clicked the ad, and you will be charged for that click.

You had 4 clicks before you started counting calls as a conversion. One of those clicks resulted in a phone call. the 5th click was the only click that could have resulted in a phone call conversion, but did not result in a phone call (initiated, not completed). So, that would not report a conversion.

Check your call details report in the dimensions tab. Odds are the one intended phone call that is actually counted as a call was missed. 

Tom