AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Call-only campaign: I'm paying for nothing...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created a Call-only campaign, I can see 5 clicks for today+yesterday, and now I need to pay aroung $60 for it.

But, I didn't recieve even a singe call... .

After the first 4 clicks I've created a call conversion tracking, but after 5th click my conversation tracking showing "No recent conversions". Sounds good, right? Google is saying that I've recieved a call and charged $60 total but conversions tracking didn't log any calls...

What is going on? For what am I paying? I don't want to pay for nothing.

Call-only campaign: I'm paying for nothing...

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

There is no such thing as a "call only" campaign. When you choose this campaign type, the only option a user has when they click an ad is to initiate a phone call. There is no guarantee that the user actually intended to initiate a phone call. If they intended to click through to the website, but instead their phone initiates a call, they are going to abandon the call. However, a user still clicked the ad, and you will be charged for that click.

You had 4 clicks before you started counting calls as a conversion. One of those clicks resulted in a phone call. the 5th click was the only click that could have resulted in a phone call conversion, but did not result in a phone call (initiated, not completed). So, that would not report a conversion.

Check your call details report in the dimensions tab. Odds are the one intended phone call that is actually counted as a call was missed. 

Tom