AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Call only ads showing clicks but no calls

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client is a real estate broker and has a high budget to work with. I set up a "Call-only" Campaign subtype that received 17 clicks yet she reported to me she never got even 1call?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Max,

Have any calls been recorded? You can see them in Dimensions > Call Details.

I know it is a little bit confusing / misleading, but with Call Only ads you pay for clicks on your ad, and these do not always turn into phone calls. After clicking on your ad, the searcher will see a message on their phone asking if they want to call the number. If they weren't expecting to make a call, then you will be charged for a click but not receive a call.

Ratios of calls to clicks vary considerably. I've seen 20% and I've seen 80%. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Rob,

In call details for the last 7 days returns: 

"There are no statistics for the selected date range. Please select a different date range."

17 clicks and $175 but not one call??

Ad Status Labels % Served Campaign type Campaign subtype Clicks Impr. CTR Avg. CPC Cost Avg. Pos.

Approved -- 98.68% Search Network only Call-only 17 2,687 0.63% $10.34 $175.76 1.4