AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Call-only Campaign Poor Results

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am running a new call-only campaign. Over 1/2 of the clicks are abandoned!! These seems very bad to me.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call-only Campaign Poor Results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Stanley
The first question to ask is why have you chosen call only campaign rather than the classic search campaign with a call exception?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Stanley,

In my experience, 50% of the clicks become phone calls is very good. Obviously results will vary depending on ad copy and industry.

For whatever reason, many people (I've seen 90%) click on the ad, the phone message pops up asking if you wish to dial the number, and they cancel.

My best guess is that despite the ads clearly saying "call", many searchers aren't expecting a call to be initiated when they click on the ad.

Hopefully one day Google will offer a "pay-per-completed-call" option.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Google suggested it based upon my complaints about inability to assess the effectiveness of my campaigns based upon the fact that most of my conversions are phone calls.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Rob for your response. My clicks in this campaign are costing around $10/click so it is quite pricey.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Stanley D;

Can you elaborate on "inability to assess the effectiveness of my campaigns based upon the fact that most of my conversions are phone calls".

Have you used a call extension with  Google's forwarding number?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
You can also use any one of the 3rd party call tracking options that will track phone calls back to the source.

Phone calls as conversions is something that should be set up for any business where calls are a significant proportion of the contacts.

-