AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Call extension receives clicks but not getting phone calls

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Google forwarding number as an approved call extension. However, when my ad is displayed, the phone number doesn't appear - even if the ad is in the first position. This occurred again recently, when ads #s 2 and 3 displayed phone numbers, while my ad at #1 didn't. 

Any thoughts as to why? Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call extension receives clicks but not getting phone calls

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, please ignore. Somehow this post got the wrong title and I can't delete it.

Reposted w/ correct subjct: Have call extns but ad not showing phone#

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Google forwarding number as an approved call extension. However, when my ad is displayed, the phone number doesn't appear - even if the ad is in the first position. This occurred again recently, when ads #s 2 and 3 displayed phone numbers, while my ad at #1 didn't. 

Any thoughts as to why? Thank you.

Re: Reposted w/ correct subjct: Have call extns but ad not showing pho

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community! When you go to your Ad Extensions tab > View: Call Extensions and look at your last 30 days of data, does your call extension show any impressions coming in?

Keep in mind that what you see when you search for your ad will not be the same as what other users see--Google Search optimizes the search results for you specifically, so if you've searched for your own ad often but haven't called, it may decide to stop showing you the Call Extension. But whether or not it has gotten impressions will help shed some light!

Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,
Yes, the call extension has been getting impressions and clicks.

Thanks for explaining why Google may not show the call extension occasionally. I usually search for my ads via the Ad Preview tool or, outside of AdWords, when I'm not logged in and with cookies cleared. In fact, I just checked again a few times and the call extension was shown sometimes.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author onbeta
February 2016

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi there,

Great! Glad to hear they're getting impressions. The other thing I'll add is that call extension (or any extensions, for that matter) do not appear on every search, even when you're at the topmost position. So it is normal for the extension to only be shown some of the time. But as long as the extension is getting impressions, it's eligible to run.

Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Cassie!