AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Call Tracking Website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good day,

In order to track call forwarding calls on our website we need to add this code (sample) on the landing page:

<html>
	<head>
	<title>Sample HTML File</title>
	<script type="text/javascript">
	(function(a,e,c,f,g,b,d){var h={ak:"123456789",cl:"_ABcDEFg12hI34567jK"};a[c]=a[c]||function(){(a[c].q=a[c].q||[]).push(arguments)};a[f]||(a[f]=h.ak);b=e.createElement(g);b.async=1;b.src="//www.gstatic.com/wcm/loader.js";d=e.getElementsByTagName(g)[0];d.parentNode.insertBefore(b,d);a._googWcmGet=function(b,d,e){a[c](2,b,h,d,null,new Date,e)}})(window,document,"_googWcmImpl","_googWcmAk","script");
	</script>
	</head>
	<body> This is the body of your web page.
	</body>
	</html>

and this code (sample) wherever there is phone number on the landing page.

<body onload="_googWcmGet('number', '1-800-123-4567')">
		  <span class="number">1-800-123-4567</span>
		</body>

my question is do we need to add these 2 codes (tracking code + span code if there is phone#) on every single page just in case if a customer came to landing page through Adwords and ended up to contact us page and placed a call.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call Tracking Website

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Khoren P

Yes.  I include the first bit in a common header file, and then put the span code anywhere there is a number that needs to be rewritten.

Re: Call Tracking Website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
my question is how about other pages that our number appears?like contact us,home,...will it show special tracking number?